Category Management and Sourcing Leadership is designed to deepen participants' knowledge base of core activities in the procurement & supply management function. The program covers the sourcing process, specifications gathering, common bid package alternatives, cross-functional collaboration and supplier evaluation & selection. Participants will walk away ready to develop bid packages more thoroughly to help drive sourcing decisions for their organizations. This "hands on" delivery focuses on the professional serving as the main liaison between the buying organization and the selling organization in the company sourcing process.
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for sourcing initiative leaders, procurement professionals, project managers, finance analyst, contract managers and all procurement & supply management-related professionals involved with bid package development, bid package analysis, negotiations preparation, contracting and supplier selection activity.
How You Will Benefit
- Increase knowledge base of solicitation options (i.e. RFI, RFP, RFQ) and which solicitation approach to apply based on your organization's needs
- Enhance understanding of sourcing process and critical steps in the Bid Package development and delivery activities
- Better leverage and utilization of solicitation tools to drive successful development of bid packages
- Improve set up and execution of supplier selection scorecards to aid in identifying best Total Cost of Ownership alternatives
- Heighten understanding of executive communication to leverage leadership support throughout the organization
What Is Covered
- Bid Package Development Overview
- Sourcing Initiative Process Roadmap
- Marketplace Analysis Tools
- Bid Package Alternatives & Design
- Supplier Selection & Communication