Outlook 2010 Setup Instruction for the New IMAP Accounts
How do I set up my new IMAP email account on a new or existing installation of Outlook 2010?
- In Outlook 2010, click the File tab and click the Account Settings button.
- It will display the Account Settings window with Email tab open.
- Click New option to open the Add New Account Windows. Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types. Then click Next button.
- Select Internet E-mail, then click Next .
- Enter your full name as "Your Name".
- Enter your Email Address (such as "email@example.com".)
- Select IMAP as Account Type
- Set the Incoming mail server (IMAP) to "imap.isye.gatech.edu".
- Set the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) to "mail.isye.gatech.edu"
- Enter your ISyE account name for the User Name (for example, "allen".)
- Enter your ISyE account password.
- It is recommended that you uncheck "Remember password".
- Make sure that "Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)" is not checked.
- Click "More Settings" tab to open the Internet Email Settings window.
- Click the "Outgoing Server" tab.
- Check "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication."
- Ensure that "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" is selected.
- Click Sent Items tab.
- Check "Save sent items in the following folder on the server" .
- Select Sent folder in the ISyE email list.
- Click Deleted Items tab.
- Check "Move deleted items to the following folder on the server"
- Select Trash folder in the ISyE email folder list.
- Uncheck Purge items when switching folders while online
- Click Advanced tab.
- Select port 143 for incoming server (IMAP) and 587 for Outgoing server (SMTP)
- Select TLS as the encrypted connection for both Incoming and Outgoing server.
- Click OK to close Internet E-mail Settings window.
- Click Next in Add New Account window, then click Finish to close the window.